Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Rough Week and A Good Week

This past week we had one really warm day...it got up to almost 70 degrees! It was beautiful and we spent it all at the zoo. The next day it was down in the teens and beginning to snow again. :( That is the weather here in Ohio. We had so much fun at the zoo with friends. You love running around with all the kids, but also like to stay close to me and ride in the stroller. When there are lots of kids you get a little reserved. I like that you come to me and hold my hand, and want me to go on the playground with you.
The rest of this week was good. We had our friends, the Israel's come and visit on Friday and Saturday. They have a little boy Jacob just a little younger than you and probably twice your weight and size.
This week was much better compared to the week before. You were sick the week before, and had tantrum after tantrum everyday. I felt like you were always screaming, and kicking and crying about something all week long! I didn't always handle every situation how I should have, and was on my knees asking for forgiveness a lot. Then, Sunday came. Your dad was on call and gone all weekend. I just needed a peaceful Sunday. We had a good day at church, came home, and you took a long nap...which you haven't been doing lately. Gavin and I played games and listed to church music. I made some banana cake for after dinner later with the missionaries. It was such a peaceful day...just what I needed, and just what Heavenly Father knew I needed.  I am so grateful for the small blessings in my life and I know that Heavenly Father is always looking out for me. I hope you know how much he loves you, and that is is always there for you.
I am grateful for Sunday's to recharge my soul, and to give me a new start to the week.
Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, so we made homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream today in preparation. You and Gavin sat on the table and finished off the leftovers from the bowl with giant spatulas. :) Then it was time for bed. I laid by Gavin and Dad laid by you in your bed. We all fell asleep and then I woke up and woke up Dad. We went out, but your dad had me go back in to look at you. At some point you had taken off your pants and your pull up and were laying spread eagle in your bed. Such a silly girl.
Love you Ruby girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment